Friends of the School
Welcome to Friends of the School
The Friends of the School aim to support the school by:
- Raising funds for various activities and large items
- Building the community around the school by running events
We are at our best when we run activities like the school summer BBQ which is not only an excellent fundraiser but also an inclusive and fun way to meet other parents.
Following on from our successful fund raising events and activities over the last couple of years, the Friends of Robert Miles Infants School have been able to support the school in some really exciting ways, including:
- A new stereo for the school—so the children and teachers can get groovy during assembly
- A new reading unit for the library—so all the children can discover a love of reading
- A storage unit for KoolKidz—so more balls, bats, and gear can be used by our after school club
- Wall mounted outdoor play equipment—to liven up the playground
- A new play kitchen unit for the reception classes—so we can replace old units with up to date equipment
So if you've had a flutter on the raffle, bought a nativity photo, got down at the disco, buried yourselves in a pile of books for the read-a-thon, or noshed on a hotdog at the Summer BBQ we'd like to say a massive THANK YOU for your encouragement and support. We couldn't achieve everything we do without your help.
- Family Prize Bingo Afternoon
- Cake sale cooked by Year 1
- Summer Fair
- Christmas activities
- Cake Sale
The Friends of the School have decided that our next fund raising target will be for a large canopy to provide much needed shade in the playground. We are all aware of the need for sun safety and this will be an excellent way of keeping the children happy and healthy at playtimes as well as providing an exciting outdoor learning area for the whole school to enjoy.
In addition to this the Friends of the School have committed to support the school in running school trips and extra curricular activities that are so valuable to helping our children to learn.
How can I help out?
There are three ways you can help out with the Friends of Robert Miles Infants:
- Come along to one of our meetings, everyone is welcome.
- Volunteer for a future event.
- Support any/all of the activities and events that the Friends organise
Click on the logo below to become a friend of the school.
Picnic in the Playground 29th June 2018
- We need volunteers for our "Picnic in the Playground" Friday 29th June 2018
Help us make this a fund raising summer event to remember (Whole School - 26/04/2018)
- New website
Our new website is now live! (Whole School - 27/02/2018)
Recycling our old Christmas cards (Whole School - 27/02/2018)
- World Book Day
Thursday 1 March 2018 (Whole School - 27/02/2018)