Mondays 12.30pm - 1pm please contact Mrs Lowings for more information.
Thursdays 12.30pm - 1pm with Mrs Moncaster and Mrs Wright
An opportunity for the children to play board games, to work together to complete jigsaws, to play with construction and small world toys, to draw and/or colour pictures and occasionally laptops are made available to the children to play cbeebies online games.
Tuesdays 12 - 12.20pm with Mrs Passmore or Mrs Ryan
Thursdays 3.20pm–4.15pm with Mrs Axten and Miss Wallis
There is no charge for this club.
Please don't hesitate to contact Mrs Axten or Miss Wallis for any further information.
Spanish classes take place after school on Wednesdays, with a programme of structured, creative and enjoyable activities including stories, songs, rhymes and games within the context of each season.
The programme, ‘Las Aventuras de Mifú y Tina y las estaciones’, has been written for young beginners (4–7 year olds) and features characters with whom the children quickly become familiar. The children have great fun singing, chanting rhymes, playing games and acting out the stories, with lots of opportunities to adapt activities to cater for all abilities within the age range.
The aims are to:
- Familiarise children with sounds of the Spanish language and develop their ability to listen attentively
- Develop confidence in using phrases and words other than their mother tongue
- Develop listening and concentration skills
- Develop social skills associated with interpersonal behaviour and communication
- Enjoy a variety of language learning activities
- Enable children to use the Spanish language creatively, promoting independence
- Integrate Spanish in to school or home life
- Allow children of all abilities to experience success and develop personal confidence
- Promote gross and fine motor skills and visual literacy
- Share the language by making the most of the children’s listening skills, and their love of singing, dancing and performing
New La Jolie Ronde Licensee—Nicola Warren
Mrs Lowings runs a multi-skills after school club for Year 2 in the Summer term.
In the sessions the following areas are covered:
The emphasis is on fun and participation while at the same time acquiring knowledge and skills that can be used in other physical activities.
Thursday 12.30 - 1pm with Mrs Tilley and Miss Justice
An opportunity to relax by living in the moment through colouring and meditation.
- We need volunteers for our "Picnic in the Playground" Friday 29th June 2018
Help us make this a fund raising summer event to remember (Whole School - 26/04/2018)
- New website
Our new website is now live! (Whole School - 27/02/2018)
Recycling our old Christmas cards (Whole School - 27/02/2018)
- World Book Day
Thursday 1 March 2018 (Whole School - 27/02/2018)